I'M GONNA FOLLOW THE SUN

Bern, Switzerland

0 comments



*english version*
Hard decisions in life come more often while we grow up from a teenager to an adult. Now we (me, you and others) are confronted daily by these uncomfortable situations, which causes us sleepless nights after we have made a decision we weren't 100 percent convinced about. The older we get, the more important it gets to choose the right job, people around you or relationship. We all hope to have made the right decision. We can't just have it all obviously but we try to deal with it and in the best case we will be happy with what we possess.

Stress is a mad friend, that uses our insecurities to his own advantage, to manipulate us and to weaken us as well. As soon as this part-time friend enters your friendship circle, he gives you the feeling that everyone's expecting the highest things of you and that puts you under pressure. Maybe there's a complex of having fear of disappointing everyone, which is quite surprisingly because I was so confident about not being insecure. However, this needs to STOP! We mostly forget to put our happiness in the front as priority - also before someone.

That was my situation for the past weeks. The feeling of a high level of insecurity comes and goes and I could surely tell you the cycle of it or should I draw it with my eyes closed for you? I could do it even without using my hands! After a long time of not even knowing the first letter of those feelings and distracting myself, I really thought I was a survivor of insecurity...

Well, finals are just around the corner and I'm surprisingly not afraid of them (even though I should). My interrogation signs are more on THE question "What the holly hell are you going to do after graduation?" You probably already know that question which decides about your career and brings back a certain amount of insecurity. Do I want to go on it risky and chase my dreams, Do I prefer to have a monotonous life in an office or do I want to go back to desks+books and ask my parents to support me financially? Thank god I still have time to decide myself, but you know that the time flies  fast by such as the opportunities. We are young and full of talents, so why don't we do two things of the three mentioned? I will let you know what my final decision is going to be!


*deutsche version*
Schwierige Entscheidungen im Leben kommen häufiger beim Erwachsenwerden. Mittlerweile werden wir (mit "wir" meine ich mich, dich und andere) täglich mit solchen unangenehme Situationen konfrontiert, die uns sogar Tage nach dem Entscheid schlaflose Nächte bereiten. Je älter wir werden, desto wichtiger wird es sein sich für einen Beruf, für eine Person oder für eine Beziehung zu entscheiden. Man erhofft sich, dass man die richtige Entscheidung trifft. Logischerweise kann man nicht alles besitzen, aber man versucht damit klarzukommen und im besten Fall wird man damit glücklich.

Der Faktor Stress ist ein mieser Freund, der unsere Unsicherheiten zum eigenen Nutzen verwendet und uns kontrolliert und abschwächt. Wenn dieser Teilzeit-Freund einmal in den Freundeskreis eindringt, hast du das Gefühl, dass die ganze Welt etwas grossartiges von dir erwartet und man ist unter Druck. Meistens vergessen wir wie wichtig es ist unsere Glücksgefühle permanent in den Vordergrund zu stellen - ja, auch vor Personen.

Mir ging es schon eine Weile so. Dieses Gefühl von höchster Unsicherheit und Selbstzweifel kommt und geht, dass ich euch sogar den Zyklus voraussagen könnte oder ihn ebenfalls mit geschlossenen Augen zeichnen könnte. Nach vielen Wochen diese Gefühle nicht mal definieren zu können, dachte ich wäre ein Überlebender der Unsicherheit…

Nun stehen Abschlussprüfungen vor der Tür, überraschenderweise bereiten mir diese keine Sorgen (sollten sie aber!). Die Fragezeichen stehen eher bei der Frage "Was werde ich verdammt nochmal nach meiner Ausbildung machen?" Ihr kennt mit Sicherheit DIE Frage, die über unsere Laufbahn entscheidet, die eine gewisse Unsicherheit zurückbringt. Will ich es riskant angehen und meine Träume verwirklichen, lieber als Angestellter ein monotones Leben führen oder will ich es in einem Raum auf einem Stuhl wieder über sechs Stunden aushalten? Gott sei Dank habe ich noch genügend Zeit um mich endlich zu Entscheiden, wie man bereits weisst wird die Zeit vorbeirasen so wie auch meine Möglichkeiten. Wir sind jung und talentiert, wir wären alle dazu fähig zwei der drei genannten Möglichkeiten in unserem Leben zu erfüllen oder sogar mehr. Ich werde euch auf den Laufenden halten!




SHOP THE LOOK
Bomber - Been Trill (similar HERE)
Polo Shirt - Calvin Klein (similar HERE)
Smart Pants - Topman (similar HERE)
Shoes - Dr. Martens 

Post a Comment

Instagram @STYLOCHROMIC

© STYLOCHROMIC. Design by MangoBlogs.